February 18, 2017

Plein Air…. Drink and Draw

Pub5

This is my favorite Adult Beverage….but I was not drinking it when I drew this pic off of an image on my ipad.  This drawing was for the July World Watercolor Monthly Challenge.

Starbuck

And this one was at Starbucks….where it’s White Chocolate Mocha’s that I digest!  Yum!

Starbuck2

And another Starbucks setting, where I wanted to capture the subjects in a bigger mode, as in, the people take up all the space in my moleskine….Ran out of time ….again!

Game1

This one is hard…College football games can be quite distracting…lots of movement, lots of Energy!  Love that Energy, unless it’s being directed to me in the form of  “Why aren’t you paying any attention to the game?”!  Gotta love the honesty of loved ones (offspring), but you also gotta do what you gotta do to survive a 4 hour event Smile  .

Game2

During this football game….less energy than the seats in the middle of the “student/band crowd”….where I could actually capture some details….And to my chagrin, enjoy the game.

Pub1

With my schedule…I’m usually ready for dinner at 4pm…so on the days that I’m not responsible for dinner at home….I’ll head out to a local restaurant where hopefully people have bellied up to the bar and I can practice my art!  And by the time I’ve consumed a beer or two….I’ve made some new friends out of the staff or the patrons.

Pub2

The absolute hardest part about drawing people in public….is them spotting me!  Cuz sometimes they’ll totally change stance, or they keep looking my way….hard to notice details when I have to keep averting my eyes!   I swear the guy in green was on to me!

Pub3

Pubs are a really good place to practice brick-painting.  As in copying the look of brick in watercolor.

Pub4

I learn the best from my pieces after posting them somewhere.  Here is no exception….those table angles look like the back wall was not even.   I now know I’ve got to get that perspective right early on. 

Pub5 (2)

This piece was done last week….I really tried to use the lesson from the last piece and keep those table angles in line!  I could do this every day!  I’d learn something new everyday too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden