November 23, 2013

Illustration….in watercolor



Since….I’m kinda likin’ my watercolors-by-brush and I wanted to keep going while I had the momentum.

Girl2

I thought I’d try some illustration.  What’s nice about fashion illustration is….I don’t have to be so exact and I get to play with colors and clothes!  What more could a girl ask for?



I used the masking fluid again for the flowers on the top and highlights in the hair.



She’s a bit barbie-ish….since her proportions are exaggerated!!



I didn’t know if I’d take to this kind of drawing so I grabbed a piece of cheap drawing paper….not even watercolor paper.  As it turned out it started to buckle up on me.  Next time I may try it in me-moleskine cuz this was fun!

2 comments:

Amanda Q. said...

Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your work and how you show the work in process. I look forward to your posts and seeing what you're learning and working on. Have had you bookmarked for a while now but never commented. Thanks for the flow of inspiration! Happy Thanksgiving!

Eden said...

Hi Amanda and Thank YOU for taking the time to comment this time....I'm like you too, I'll go to my favorite blogs and read stuff and then be on my way. I appreciate your kind words, it means a lot. I seem to have a quieter audience :) Happy Thanksgiving!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden