June 25, 2013

Book Review….Print & Pattern 2

Book1

I was in need of a “real-live” book….Yea, Yea, digital books are great, but there is just something comforting about perusing the 303 pages of this design book!! 

I did a book review of the first Print & Pattern book 3 years ago.  I still like to pick it up and thumb thru those pages. 

Here’s a review of my Top Ten prints:



Alys Paterson:  Love her colors and the size variants here.



Amy Butler:  I’ve bought her fabrics before.  I liked this because it only uses 4 colors and it has flowers….I’m a sucker for flowers.



Graziela:  Very German here, love the colors and the simplicity of each figure.



Jennifer Elroy: More flowers, helps feed my fetish.



Jonathan Adler: Again, a limited color pallet, and what fun suns!!



Jenny Bowers:  Now this I gotta try, need I say more?



Marimekko:  Classy & Elegant are those black & white designs



Mercedes Cortes:  Love the simple stripes in the flowers.



Rob Ryan:  La piece da resistance, this one nailed it cuz it’s so true!! 

“You Can Still Do a Lot With a Small Brain”

Well, these are my top 10 for today….but if I were to compile another list in 6 months, I bet I’d have a completely different top ten.  My tastes seem to fluctuate, haha.

You can get the Print & Pattern book here.
Check out this blog that produced Print & Pattern.

2 comments:

stefanie stark said...

I loved it so much to find the review of this wonderful book in your blog this morning.
Thank you also for arranging the link to amazon. I have ordered it immediately and I am looking forward to it's receipt now. You made my day today! Many thanks :)

Eden said...

Hi Stefanie! Word of mouth sure helps and it's got so much inspiration inside! Thanks for letting me know :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden