December 31, 2012

A year in Review….2012 Top Ten

Happy

Wow!  Another year has flown by…in my head it feels like it’s only September.

It’s time for me to be accountable.  Accountable to myself.  Because if I’m not happy with my choices, I’ll bet ya two dollars no one else will be.  Or care for that matter.

I believe we become what we think about….what we work on….what we spend our time doing.  What else is there to living?  Our choices are either productive or passive.  We are either moving forward or standing still.  Might as well learn a thing or two along the way.

Blog Business:

1- Interviewed 6 very Talented…Artistic ladies

Talented Women
We learn so much from others!  Especially our contemporaries. So many ways to do art, to express yourself, to hone your skill. 

2- Completed 4 Graphite Sketches

GraphiteGrid
I love graphite, but get bored starring at black, white and "50 shades of gray" all day.

3- Enjoyed doodling 8 pieces

12_doodle
Being rather high-energy, having a portable project calms me down.

4- Added 5 birds to my Bird Series

12_birds_
I guess you can tell by now…that I like to categorize people.  Probably not totally fair to them but it keeps me entertained.  However, it’s the ones I can’t figure out that bug me!

5- 16 Whimsy artsy drawings

12_whimsy
Sometimes, I wake up….and I know what I will draw that day.  I guess I only woke up inspired 16 times this year!  Haha

6- 12 Color-Sketches

12_colsketch
I almost gave up colored pencils….This is the whole reason I decided to take a drawing class.

7- 3 Watercolor Sketches

12_waterSketch
Lots of plusses to watercolor…..best used for color-flow sketches.  I find it very unpredictable.  But adore it’s vibrancy.

8- Sold 9 items on Etsy. 

etsy

I should really explore this avenue more.

9- Opened Draw.Doodle.Decorate facebook page

facbook

Still unsure on how best to approach this site.  It either entertains me or annoys me.  Guess that’s the nature of this beast.

10- Miscellaneous
  • Quilt Show Inspiration outing
  • Ongoing drawing classes
Well, there you have it, what I’ve been up to this year.  I’ve found that if you want to learn something new, you will find a way to work it in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden