October 19, 2012

Figure 3….Standard Pose



Ahhh….the Standard Pose….we learn it when we are becoming more self-aware…you know around 8-10 yrs old.  Rarely do I see pre-schooler’s standing like this unless they are mad at someone.  

Personally, it’s my favorite way to stand…but I guess if I’m listening to all the psychology talk then I must be very hard to approach when standing like this!  Not such a bad thing!! Haha…just kidding!!  I guess I could put my hands in my pockets and play with my keys and my coins….just make a racquet….but that’s not my style.



It takes me a few days to figure out my colors…I was having a very hard time layering the green for the top. 



Totally ad-lib here….or rather ad-draw!!



I was introduced to a new product this week…these ebony pencils by Prismacolor….Very dark, very cool, very inexpensive.  I’m outlining here.  My .005 micron markers have dried out and I’m a bit bummed because I didn’t use them that much.  Must’ve been a faulty lot.



People respond well to the jeans!! They like all that color and all those creases!  I like them enough…but after doing three pairs of jeans….I’ve become rather bored with them!  I’m going to have to fix that seam under the zipper!  I didn’t realize it was so light….looks rather dorky!



This is what I saw in my head before I started the series!  Actually when I took these pictures I was trying to replicate a picture I had seen on pinterest….where a woman was holding flowers and she had jeans on…..Well, the flower shots were a complete waste of time!  Way too staged for my tastes.  I finally dropped all props and just stood still. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden