May 15, 2012

Optical Illusion Hand




I came across this picture on pinterest awhile ago.  I thought it looked pretty cool. So, I outlined my left arm/forearm.





This idea was from a 5th grade art class.  Since I always liked fifth grade art, I gave her a whirl.





I hadn’t worked with markers since my Left vs. Right post and I was missing them!





I would probably give myself a “C” for this drawing.  I did not capture the optical illusion like all the other 10 year olds.  I kept having to go back and erase my lines.  I don’t know why I had so much trouble with this.





Markers for the body….watercolor pencils for the background.  I’d like to do more with this…but I’m drawing a blank!  Haha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to have had this 5th grade teacher!

jinxxxygirl said...

I think that is really interesting and cool! 5th grade cool! Surely some doodles could fit between thoselines. lol. Great job! I may have to give this a whirl one day when i feel the need to be COOL!! Hugs! deb

Eden said...

Thanks JP and Deb!! Always fun to play with color :D

Jo in NZ said...

it doesnt look quite the same because you kept the original outline of your forearm. That should be super light(and rubbed out at the end) , and then it looks like your arm is under a sheet or something. Love the colour !!

Eden said...

Haha...thanks Jo.....After I drew the outline to the arm/hand I realized I shouldn't have drawn a line! Ah well....funny I'm not as perceptive as I thought! Haha

Glad you like the color...me too :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden