January 1, 2010

Twenty-Ten

I follow Christine Kane’s blog and I love the idea of picking a word for the year, instead of making New Year’s Resolutions! I mean really, how long do we really keep our resolutions? I also, would make the resolutions so darn strict and set myself up for relapse and failure.

DSC00032

Last year I picked Start for my word. I think that word really kicked me into gear in lots of ways:

  • I started blogging more
  • I started following other blogs thru my dashboard on blogger
  • I started Commenting more
  • I started Art Journaling, drawing, attempting new creative outlets. Like crotcheting, painting, and doodling.
  • I started to post my pics/art on Flickr
  • I started making my house the way i wanted it.
  • I started to jump rope at the gym on the days I did the elliptical or weight trained.
  • I started burning Dennis Prager CD’s for my 95 yr old Grandmother
  • I started to eat better; more high fiber and low carb meals
  • I started to facebook (still don’t really care for that too much), but wonderful way to connect with old friends.
  • I started to realize I didn’t have to be perfect to live the way i wanted

2010

Well, it’s New Years Day and I am not sure what word I’m going to pick! I have a couple ideas. I may have to revisit Christine’s list for prompts. I’ll pick one or two soon. I just want my word to be able to seep into more of my life. I want it to be able to hold up to the Spiritual, Physical, Mental, Creative and restless sides of me. I want it to give me Hope and Passion and Growth. Change is good and inevitable might as well self-direct a little of it.

What are your New Years traditions??? Do you pick a word too?

Thanks for stopping by and here’s to a great 2010!

Eden

3 comments:

Whitney said...

That's a nice post Eden. Happy 2010! Maybe you can incorporate your word into your t-shirt design?

Janet said...

Your word seemed to fit perfectly! You started so many things! My word last year was grow and I think this year it will be experiment.

Serena Lewis said...

Happy 2010! My word for 2009 was JOY but, this year, I'm having trouble settling on any one. I have quite a few words flitting around in my head so it may have to come down to drawing one of them out of a hat. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden