October 21, 2009

First Moleskine……complete

DSC07472e

I love these moleskines! They are the perfect size for me. The paper is just right. I’ve had no bleed thru to the lower papers, and I’ve used Sharpies, Bic Mark It's, Faber Castell Pitt Artist pens , Sakura Micron Pens, Prismacolors and Watercolors.

I didn’t date my pages, but I’ll date my book. I have so much to learn here. Here being between these moleskine pages. I’m unbelievably hooked on markers!!! Markers, why markers? I have some really cool watercolor pencils, but I shy away from them because I don’t know what I’m doing. But they’re in my arsenal and when I get in the mood I will use them!

What I’ve discovered thru Tammy at Daisy Yellow is India Ink. What a cool product. I only have black and white right now, but I think I’m hooked and will have to get more colors. Of course, I’m not using a Dip Pen cuz it’s too hard for me. I really must practice. What I’m more comfortable using is a very small round brush. On the bottom pic. I tried highlighting and a little shading with the India Ink. Very comic book looking but it’s a start.

I’m curious in your Art Journals what is something that you’re trying to learn? A technique? A new product?

Key1

5 comments:

Janet said...

I really like the moleskine journals, too although I did have some bleed-through when I used Sharpies and Prismacolor markers. I was working in the moleskine that comes with a lavender band around it....can't think of which one it is!

The design with the flowers in the keyhole is so cool! I love the bright colors....so happy!

Eden said...

Hi Janet, thanks for stopping by! Try the moleskine with the PINK band around it. It has watercolor paper in it. The sketch moleskine (forgot the band color) is not a very sturdy paper either.

Moleskiners.com said...

It'd be great to see the work you did in your moleskine. :)

Dawn said...

You know, I just started trying out watercolor pencils! It is surprisingly easy. (I also love daisyyellow!) Just color and add water!

I also use a round brush with ink and not a dip pen :) I love your website.

Eden said...

Thanks for the comment Dawn! I bought some watercolor pencils a few months ago! I think it's time I take them out again and see what they do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden